Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kate's Bread

*Note you need a big mixer for this recipe. A Bosch or a size 5 kitchen aid. Otherwise just cut the recipe in half!

5 cups warm water
2 Tablespoons instant yeast
7 cups flour (wheat or white)
Mix for 2 minutes in mixer. Then add:

2/3 cup oil
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon salt
5 cups white flour

Mix for 7 minutes in bread mixer. If dough is sticky, add more flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Divide dough into 4 sections. Knead (I just do that in the mixer) and shape into loaves on floured surface. Put into greased bread pans and let rise for 1 hour, or until double in size. Bake a 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from pan to cool and then enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, lots of yummy recipes already! I'm excited about this blog. I'll have to see if I have anything worthy to contribute. :) Can you post that yummy breakfast casserole you served for Conference? I've been thinking about that recipe over the past few weeks . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I have a question, do you have 4 bread pans? I think I'll get some more. Also, can you put them all in the oven at once, or two at a time? What do you do?

    Thanks! I am so excited to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadia-
    I do have 4 bread pans and cooked them all at the same time and it worked fine. The only problem was my kitchen-aid about died trying to mix all that dough, so I just cut in in half. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made this recipe tons and never used a mixer. If you have a good arm, it can turn out just great. Women have been making bread without electricity for centuries!

    ReplyDelete