
Courtesy of Martha
Ingredients:
salt and pepper
1 pound penne or other short pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves thinly sliced (look at the garlic in the picture, they look like round disks)
2/3 pound cherry tomatoes (2 cups) halved or quarterd
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional) I actually like to do MORE!
1/4 cup Kalamata olives pitted and sliced (I'll be honest, I don't even know what those are so I just use regular sliced olives)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Directions:
1: In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne according to package instructions until al dente, about 13 minutes. Drain
2:Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, until just golden, about 1 minute. Add the cherry tomatoes, oregano, crushed red pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring until tomato juices run. about 3 minutes
3: Add the penne, olives, parsley, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese to the skillet and toss to combine. Serve with more cheese if desired.
Goes especially well with French Peasant Bread
No comments:
Post a Comment