Monday, March 8, 2010

What is Your Favorite Crock Pot Recipe?

So, with 1:00 church, choir practice after, and a 20+ minute drive home, I'm dying for some amazingly yummy Sunday dinner crock pot recipes. What are your favorites? PLEASE post them!

Here is my favorite, which most of you probably already have some version of. But I'll post it here in case you don't, because it's awesome. SO easy; usually have most of the ingredients on hand; delicious!

Italian Crock Pot Chicken

4-5 chicken breast halves, frozen
1 cup water
1 packet dry Italian dressing mix

Put in crock pot on High for 2-3 hours until chicken is done. Remove chicken and discard fat. I cut it into large segments at this point (the size of tenders). I have heard of people cutting it into small pieces or shredding it. Before adding chicken back to the pot, stir in

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 8 oz. brick of cream cheese

Return chicken to pot. Turn heat to low. Cook for 3-6 hours more. Serve over rice (I have heard of people serving it over noodles too).

No comments:

Post a Comment