I've got a great one for the crock pot. (I got it from my mom who got it from my sister-in-law who got it from her friend.) You've got to try it. Remember you have to do a little prep work the night before. It's so easy and turns out SO GOOD. It's got a good spice to it. I love it.
1 Pot Roast (Maybe around a 4 lb. roast)
2 packets of 'Au Jus' gravy mix
1/2 bottle Grey Poupon mustard
1/2 bottle (12 oz) red wine vinegar
The night before: Mix mustard, vinegar and 1 pkg au jus mix together and pour over roast in bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning: Put roast in crockpot with 1/2 liquid poured over it. Discard the other half. (I know...it sounds crazy. But the mixture is so spicy that too much almost overpowers the roast.) Cook on low about 10 hrs.
Shred beef. Mix some of remaining au jus packet with the drippings. (I usually don't use the whole packet. Maybe about half. Just enough to taste.) Mix all together and serve over mashed potatoes or rice or eat alone. Unbelievably delicious!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment