Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chicken Rice Salad

I just found this in one of my cook books, and it's immediately a new favorite. This is so simple, just cook the rice and chicken, and cut everything else (so fresh, so good). If you want to serve four or less, just half the recipe (approximating works fine). Sooo Delicious! I can't wait to serve it at a party or large family gathering.

Mix together:
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

Pour over:
4 cups cooked rice (the recipe says white, but I used brown and liked it)
4 chicken breasts, cooked adn cubed (2 cups)
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained

Let sit several hours or overnight (I failed to notice this and just made it all at once before dinner time, it turned out great)

Then add--
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
3/4 cup green or red grapes, halved
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
3/4 cup cashew halves
1/2 cup light mayonnaise

Toss together and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment